our story

How it all started...

Newington originated as a mission of Ebenezer Baptist Church.  The first services were held in Newington Academy from which the church took its name.  in 1852, a one-story wooden church was built.  Newington remained a mission until March 7, 1873 when Newington became a constituted church with 23 charter members.

Expanding the vision...

Since 1852 the Newington building has undergone many changes as have the ways the church ministers to the county surrounding it.  Newington's focus is on reaching people for Christ, teaching people to walk in Christ and releasing people to be on mission with Christ.  We do not know what the future holds, but we do know the One who holds the future.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to study His Word at 9:00 am and worship together at 10:15 am.